Keurig K55/K-Classic Coffee Maker Review
Having a cup of coffee is one thing that most professionals and students have in common around the world. It has become a daily routine that makes some of us feel more energized and focused throughout the day. That is the reason why coffee makers have become a staple in every house, office, conference room, restaurant, and the likes.
Hence, with the vast number of brands and models, purchasing one might overwhelm you. With that in mind, we have chosen to review the Keurig K55/K-Classic Coffee Maker to help you decide whether it is good for you or not.
The company, Keurig, was established in 1990 by John Sylvan and Peter Dragone. Although this company’s success did not happen overnight, with a little bit of perseverance and ingenuity, their idea of single-serve coffee makers became a reality.
The first ever model they have made was huge, expensive and complicated to install but the machine gained popularity in offices. Fast forward to today, their machines have gone through a lot of improvements, and one that is known because it is simple to use is the K55.
Features of Keurig K55/K-Classic Coffee Maker
- Dimensions are 13.0 (H) by 9.8 (W) by 13.3 (D) inches and weighs 10.6 pounds
- Available Colors: Black and Rhubarb
- Water reservoir has a capacity of 48 ounces
- K-Cop Pod Sizes: six, eight and 10 ounces
- It is equipped with indicator lights.
- It has a programmable auto-off feature.
- Removable drip tray
- Function buttons on top of the unit
- It comes with a user and care guide.
- The coffee maker is versatile because aside from coffee, you can also make hot chocolate, iced beverages, and tea with it.
- Brewing time can only take a maximum of one minute
- The coffee maker turns off automatically after it’s been idle for two hours to help save electricity.
- All the buttons of this coffee maker are labeled for ease of usage.
- The drip tray is removable, so you can fit a 7.1 -inch mug in it.
- The coffee maker is effortless to set up, and it comes with an extra water filter.
- The K-cup pods are not hard to find because they are available everywhere.
- The coffee maker is well made and durable.
- It comes with a one-year warranty, and the manufacturer provides customer service.
- Although you only need to descale it every three to six months, the process is a bit long, and you need to buy a special solution to clean it properly.
- Its internal temperature is not adjustable.
- The K-cup pods are not reusable.
- Some users may find the coffee maker too loud while water is taken from the reservoir.
The Keurig K55 can brew coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in three cup sizes, namely six, eight and 10 ounces. Having such feature will also allow you to adjust the strength of the beverage that you plan to make. As an example, you can choose six ounces if you want a stronger coffee flavor and 10 if you want a milder one. Likewise, it has a 48-ounce water reservoir that is why you don’t have to put water every time you want to brew. In addition, it has an indicator light to let you know if you need to refill the water already.
This coffee maker uses K-cup pods which can be purchased everywhere. Also, you are not limited to using the one made by Keurig because you can buy K-cup pods from a different brand such as Starbucks and Green Mountain. In fact, there are 70 brands and over 400 varieties to choose from.
What is better is that the process of brewing only takes about one minute and using it is not too much of a hassle. That is because all the buttons are located on top for easier viewing and are clearly and appropriately labeled. Hence, all you have to do is press a button.
Additionally, it has an auto-off button allowing you to leave the coffee maker without worrying about safety and electricity bills. This function turns off the coffee maker when it has been idle for two hours.
Likewise, if you want to drink more coffee, you can remove the drip tray and replace it with a mug that is as tall as 7.1 inches. On another note, in case the product stops working within a year, you just need to call the number provided, and it will be replaced.
A Comparison with CHULUX Single-Serve Coffee Maker
Similar to the Keurig K55, the Chulux Single-Serve Coffee Maker is also simple to use because you can brew coffee with a push of a button. This coffee maker also has a water reservoir, so you don’t have to refill it everytime you need to brew coffee. It allows you to make coffee in several sizes as well, but it only has two which are six and eight ounces.
Likewise, this product also uses K-cup pods and has an auto shut-off feature to save energy when it is not in use. In addition, it also comes with a one-year warranty offer and its manufacturer provides customer service.
As per their differences, the Chulux Single-Serve Coffee Maker only has a 27-ounce water reservoir capacity as compared to the 48-ounce capacity of Keurig K55. Likewise, although they both have an auto shut-off feature, the Chulux Coffee Maker goes off when it’s been idle for 15 minutes which may be ideal at times or a hassle if you still need to make another set of coffee.
However, cleaning this coffee maker is simpler because it’s removable parts are dishwasher safe. This also needs to be occasionally descaled, and you don’t need a unique solution because your regular dishwashing liquid should already work.
If you don’t want to go through the fuss of grinding your own coffee beans and then putting them in the coffee maker to make a cup, the Keurig K55/K-Classic Coffee Maker is for you. This coffee maker uses K-cup pods, so you just need to put water in its reservoir, put the pod in, and press the button for brewing. Another great feature is that, besides coffee, you can also make other beverages such as tea, hot cocoa, and iced drinks. Hence, you don’t have to buy other devices to make the aforementioned.
Nonetheless, the most outstanding feature of this product is that you’ll have a good cup of beverage in less than a minute. That is the reason why we highly recommend this coffee maker for individuals who are too busy that they need their cup of beverage right away.