Brillante French Press Coffee Maker: The Single-Serve Coffee Maker That Won’t Let You Down
According to a recent survey, around 44% of Americans drink two to three (7 ounces) cups of coffee per day while 16% consume a staggering four to five cups daily on average. Not surprising then to know that coffee shops across the country earn $12 billion annually in sales and that there are currently around 24,000 coffee shops in the U.S.A.
While coffee indeed does a good job as a morning pick-me-up, it has a surprisingly long list of benefits which may explain why we love it so much. Coffee is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants that can help improve your health. Some of the coffee’s benefits include:
- Enhancing energy levels
- Boosting the metabolic rate
- Stimulating the nervous system
- Lowering the risk of getting a stroke, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s, Type Two Diabetes, and some types of cancer
- Cutting post-workout muscle pain
- Increasing fiber intake
The list goes on. For average consumers, buying your daily dose of caffeine from coffee shops may be costly. One other option is to brew it at home. After all, good coffee should not be a luxury. Which begs the question; what is the best coffee maker to use? Fortunately for you, we love coffee too, and we might just be able to help you out.
We like to use French presses when we brew coffee since it allows for a richer, more bodied taste.There are no paper filters used when brewing coffee through a French press, so all essential oils that are released from the beans go straight to your cup instead of being absorbed by the filter.
A French press is also easier to use than a drip machine and far less complicated to learn to operate. As a further bonus, French presses are safer and more ecologically-friendly because there is no need for bleached paper filters that you throw away after use.
One of the products we’re currently looking at is the Brillante French Press Coffee Maker. Below is our detailed review which we hope might help you.
The Brillante French Press Features:
- Made of Borosilicate glass
- Beaker volume is equal to 12 ounces
- Dimensions are 4.8 x 3.2 x 6.8 inches
- Weighs 10.08 ounces
- Small and Compact – The Brillante French Press is small and is easy to travel with. It takes up almost no room inside your suitcase or backpack. The size is also perfect for people who don’t want to make more than a cup or two and want their coffee always fresh.
- Easy to Clean – The press can be disassembled for a thorough cleaning, but a quick rinse with soapy water is usually enough. It is also dishwasher-safe.
- Well-Filtered – Aside from the standard mesh filter attached to most French presses, the Brillante French Press also contains a second mesh screen at the spout. This ensures that your cup of coffee stays absolutely free from stray grounds.
- Quality Materials – The French press looks solid and well-made. This is because the plunger, lid, and handle are made of heat-resistant polypropylene and stainless steel, while the glass carafe is of high-quality German-made borosilicate glass.
- Quick Brewing Time – The Brillante press makes coffee faster than using traditional coffee makers. You can have your flavorful steaming cup of Joe in just a few minutes.
- Comes With a Cork Stand – The cork stand protects the French press from sliding on the table or countertop surface, keeps the water hotter longer, and protects the surface as well from overheating or developing unsightly rings.
- Beautiful Design – The French Press by Brillante has an exquisite design that would not look out of place in any kitchen.
- BPA-Free – The plastic material used to make the lid is certified BPA-free, meaning, no industrial chemical was used to manufacture it.
- Works Well Only With Coarse Grounds – You’ll have a hard time pressing down the filter if your coffee grounds are too fine. If the filter meets with no resistance when you push it down, then it is just the right coffee ground coarse type.
- No Protective Stand – There is no protective stand surrounding the glass carafe of the Brillante French Press or a stable base. You have to take extra care not to knock it down accidentally while using or cleaning it accidentally.
The Brillante French Press Coffee Maker is a petite and elegant-looking French press that would perfectly blend in with your kitchenware. It can also be easily brought with you for camping or in cases where you need to travel. The press’ double-mesh is also a big plus in its favor since you can be sure your cup of coffee stays free from stray grounds.
You would, however, need to remember to take extra care with the Brillante French Press as the glass carafe has no protective casing. Also, since the press does not work that well with finely ground coffee beans, make sure to buy only coarse ones.
A Comparison with the Bodum Brazil Three-Cup French Press
We looked at the Bodum Brazil Three-Cup French Press and checked its features and details to find out how it compares to the Brillante model.
- Made of German Borosilicate glass
- Beaker volume is 12 ounces
- Dimensions are 3.9 x 3.9 x 6.7 inches
- Weighs 7.04 ounces
Like the Brillante French Press, the Bodum Brazil Three-Cup French Press is made of borosilicate glass, it can hold up to 12 ounces of liquid, and is relatively small.
However, unlike the Brillante, the glass of the Bodum Brazil Three Cup is a bit brittle and fragile. Putting it in your dishwasher might break it. Since the glass carafe and plastic base are not bonded together, stuff can get trapped between them. Removing the glass from the base to clean it is possible but difficult to do. There is also a danger that the glass might shatter while you do so. Price-wise, the Bodum model is more expensive than the Brillante.
We love the Brillante French Press Coffee Maker for being convenient to take around. The price is just right for a single-serve coffee maker (if you like a big mug of coffee, that is) and the double-mesh filtering system has won us over. If it’s your first time to try a French press, you won’t go wrong with the Brillante.