Best Stainless Steel French Press: The Most Durable Coffee Press
The French press is otherwise known as a coffee press, Cafeteria, cafetière or сafetière à piston. It is a kitchen gadget used to brew coffee by putting coarsely ground coffee beans and hot water inside the container.
After brewing the coffee grounds for about four minutes, the plunger is pressed, so the coffee is filtered while you pour in your cup. Originally, French presses are made of glass, but the best stainless steel French presses have been made for more durability because, as we all know, glasses can break.
In case you are wondering, the first French press was the brainchild of the Frenchmen Delforge and Mayer, and it was first patented in 1852. However, their invention does not have a tight lid so, in 1929, an improved version was patented by the Italians Giulio Moneta and Attilio Calimani.
Through the years, different types of French presses were made of different materials and some of them are the three products below. So, if in case you are looking for a good French press, the details are here to help you decide.
Mpow Stainless Steel French Press
This French coffee press is made of 100 percent 304-grade stainless steel including the plunger, lid, and accessories such as the mixing spoon, mesh filter, and screens. This product will also keep your coffee warm for eight hours while the body remains cool to touch because of its three-layer stainless steel feature.
Furthermore, this French press has an eight-cup or 34-ounce capacity so you can enjoy more cups of coffee. It has a three-piece filtering system so that even the smallest of coffee grounds won’t get into your coffee.
Aside from coffee, you can also use this to make tea or hot chocolate. Finally, it has a stylish design so it will look great on your kitchen countertop.
- It is easy to clean.
- Its filter mesh is detachable.
- This French press is dishwasher safe.
- It’s very user-friendly.
- You won’t need to use paper filters because it already has a built-in filter.
- It is durable and well-made.
- It is compact and keeps your coffee warm longer so you can bring it wherever you go; therefore, saving you money.
- It’s stain-free and won’t break since it’s made of stainless steel.
- The plunger pushes and pulls smoothly.
- It comes with useful accessories.
- It comes with two replacement screens.
- The lid may be too hollow for some users.
- Some coffee may spill out while you are pouring.
Ritual French Coffee Press
This French coffee press is made of thick heat-resistant Borosilicate glass for durability, and to allow you to see the coffee you are brewing. In addition, its glass body is framed with stainless steel, and its handle and lid are made of sustainable bamboo.
This product has a stylish design, so it is a great addition to your kitchen countertop. It also features a precision filter to make sure that no coffee grounds get into your coffee.
Another great feature is that this product comes with a lifetime guarantee; if the glass breaks because of usage, you can contact the manufacturer to have it replaced. In addition to coffee, this French press can also help you make hot cocoa and brew the perfect cup of tea.
Lastly, the Ritual French Coffee Press has a 36-ounce or 1000-milliliter capacity, weighs 1.3 pounds, and comes with replacement filters.
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- They provide customer service.
- It has a stylish design.
- Its durability is guaranteed.
- The glass does not get discolored.
- It is easy to clean.
- The French press is made of quality parts; there are no plastic parts.
- It is dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- This French-press is easy to use.
- It has a non-slip bottom.
- It does not keep coffee warm for a long time.
- Although it comes with replacement screens, the manufacturer does not sell them once you have used all of it. You would need to buy it somewhere else.
Brio Living French Press Coffee Maker
This French coffee press is made of durable borosilicate glass, so it won’t break when it comes contact with boiling water. Encased in a BPA-free plastic frame, this French coffee press won’t break due to accidental bumps. In addition, all of its parts are safe to use in a microwave as well as the dishwasher.
It has a stainless steel plunger that won’t rust, and the superfine filter makes sure that no coffee grounds get in your coffee. The Brio Living French Press has an eight-cup or one-liter capacity for more cups of coffee, and it weighs 1.55 pounds. It also comes with a stainless steel stir spoon, a measuring spoon, two replacement filters, and two recipe eBooks.
Besides coffee, you can also brew tea and make hot chocolate in this French press. You may also use it to rehydrate dried food, whip cream, and more.
Lastly, it has a lifetime warranty so in the event that you will have problems with it; the manufacturer will replace it at no additional cost.
- It comes with a user manual.
- The product is easy to clean and dishwasher-safe.
- It comes with accessories and replacement filters.
- This French press is portable, so it’s very easy to carry around.
- This product is very versatile.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It has a stylish design.
- The free recipe e-books that come with it are helpful.
- The manufacturer provides customer service.
- It comes with a metal spoon for stirring; however, one of the instructions says not to use a metal spoon so as not to scratch the glass.
- The lid does not seal tightly.
- It won’t keep your coffee warm for a long time.
Best Stainless Steel French Press: The Verdict
The best stainless steel French press is without a doubt, the Mpow French press. Not only because it is the only one of the three products that are purely made of stainless steel but also, it is the only one that can keep your coffee warmer for a longer time.
Another excellent feature of this product is it does not break since it does not have any glass components; therefore, you can be sure that you will be able to use it for a long time. Aside from the features mentioned, its lovely design is also a plus for this French press.