Best French Press for Cold Brewed Coffee and Tea
French press coffee makers are not only for brewing hot coffee. They are also suitable for brewing cold coffee; you will only need higher water to coffee ratio and room temperature water instead of the usual hot water. Contrary to the belief that brewed coffee is best only when hot, the opposite is also true especially if you have the best French press for cold brewed coffee.
Technically, the process of producing a cold brew using a French press is the same as that of the hot brew. The only difference is that it takes way too long to steep the coffee grounds at room temperature water. However, sipping the best-tasting cold brew at home is worth the wait, right?
With that said, let’s talk about the three top French press coffee makers for cold brewed coffee on the market today.
Best French Press for Cold Brew: Our Top Three Picks for 2018
We have taken a closer look at these products, and we will share with you everything we know about them—their features, pros, and cons, to give you a better idea of what they can offer.
Square Cottage Large Cold Brew French Press Coffee Maker
The Square Cottage is a business run by a family whose goal is to provide services that will help you achieve a perfect home. Their French press products have been known to be useful in brewing flavorful and decent coffee of your choice.
- This French press can also be used for loose tea leaves.
- It is made from BPA-free and durable borosilicate glass which allows you to use this French press not just for making a cold brew but hot coffee as well.
- This coffee maker uses a stainless steel filter system which enables you to brew just a cup of coffee even though its large size allows for more.
- It has a non-slip coaster to prevent spills.
- This product can brew 51 ounces or 1.5 liters of coffee at once.
- This French press from Square Cottage measures 10.5 x 7.5 x 5.5 inches and weighs 1.94 pounds.
- The package comes with a Complete Coffee Guide eBook that features cold brew recipes and tips.
- The manufacturer provides 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you won’t have to worry about making the wrong choice.
- Safe to use
- Allows you to brew hot and cold coffee without chemicals or plastics
- Can make enough coffee for the whole family family
- Small enough to fit your kitchen cabinet, refrigerator, or kitchen counter
- Coffee grinds can move around the large carafe freely allowing for the release of maximum flavor
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Used and stored with extra care since it is made up of glass
Cofina French Press Coffee Maker
This french press coffee maker makes brewing hassle-free since it is easy to use. You can also choose to brew cold or hot coffee.
- This French press can be used for coarse ground coffee and loose tea leaves.
- It has four filtration levels that prevent any bits of coffee or tea leaf into the end product.
- This coffee maker has a big brewing carafe ideal for making more coffee at a time.
- This French press from Cofina is made from rust-proof and durable stainless steel materials.
- Its tight-fit lid ensures that the heat and flavor are sealed.
- It also has a borosilicate glass that is heat-resistant it can withstand boiling water.
- This product measures 6.3 x 4.3 x 8.9 inches and weighs 1.94 pounds.
- The Cofina French press can make 32 ounces of coffee or tea in one go.
- Its package includes two design spoons, 7-gram spoon, two spare filters, and an embroidered jute bag; all stored in a lovely gift box.
- Long-lasting and will not rust due to its stainless steel material
- Tight-fitting lid
- Heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- Package includes mostly all tools and accessories you need for a perfect brew
- Comes with an embroidered jute bag that allows you to carry and store the product easily
- Comes with a handle which is soft to touch and has no sharp edges for your safety
- Lid is plastic
- Extra care for use and storage is needed since the glass body is fragile
Osaka French Press Coffee and Tea Maker
Osaka aims to revolutionize the traditional French press by allowing you to have full control of the brew while extracting your coffee. They take inspiration in developing the best products that will enhance your brewing experience because they believe that great coffee will make greater people, thus the goal to create great products.
- The French press is made from BPA-free and food-safe materials that repel odors and chemicals.
- It’s made from borosilicate glass that is handblown and doesn’t shatter from thermal shock.
- This coffee maker has silicone rings that act like airtight barriers between the grounds and your coffee.
- Its built-in mesh filter is made from stainless steel effectively secures the grinds not to slip into your coffee.
- This French press from Osaka has a non-slip silicone base that prevents spills and messes and provides superior grip.
- This tool can make one liter or 34 ounces of coffee or tea in one go.
- This coffee maker measures 9.8 x 6.9 x 6.8 inches and weighs 1.86 pounds.
- Borosilicate glass works great for maintaining the temperature of the coffee and will not shatter from thermal shock
- BPA-free materials that do not absorb odors or chemicals
- Patent-pending mechanism that locks the plunger in place to make sure there is no over-extraction of coffee grounds and that the flavor stays fresh
- Silicone barrier that separates the coffee from the grinds and makes it possible for you to stop the extraction process anytime you want
- Non-slip silicone base prevents messes and provides superior grip
- Glass pulls out at the bottom and top of the handle which loosens the rubber seal
- Proper care is needed when in use and when stored since glass is fragile.
After looking into the features, pros, and cons of each product, which can we now choose as the best french press for cold brew? Well, our top pick is the Cofina French Press Coffee Maker which is feature-rich and yet reasonably priced. It has four stainless steel filtration levels, is heat-resistant and also comes with an embroidered jute bag which serves as its protection when in storage, not to mention making it easy for you to enjoy good cold brew during your travels.
However, if its 32-ounce capacity is not enough for you, then go with the Square Cottage Large Cold Brew French Press Coffee Maker which has a capacity of 51 ounces. The Osaka French Press Coffee and Tea Maker, on the other hand, is the cheapest option and has almost the same capacity as the Square Cottage french press at 34 ounces.
Brewed coffee has been among the most favorite beverages by most anywhere in the world. However way you like it—hot or cold, let these tools help you get not just the best-tasting coffee ever but the best brewing experience as well.