Best French Press Brand: Our Choice
Wondering what the best French press brand to buy is? We don’t blame you. One of the most consumed beverages in the world second only to water, after all, is coffee. Many people turn to the hot brew for their morning pick-me-up. According to one survey, at least 64% of Americans drink at least a cup of the beverage a day. Altogether, a staggering 102 billion cups of coffee are consumed annually by people in the U.S. alone, which translates to roughly 280 million a day.
Coffee drinking is such a big business that a 2015 statistic report found that there are about 31,000 coffee shops across the country. However, getting your daily dose of coffee from a shop could turn costly in the long-run. So what is the alternative? Brewing your cup in the comforts of your home.
Compared to a coffee drip machine, a French press is far more economical. Coffee brewed utilizing a French press also has a far richer flavor. That is because there is no paper filter used that would absorb all the flavor and essential oils the coffee grounds exude.
We’ve looked at three French press models and checked their details and features. We would like to make it easier for you to decide which would be the best French press brand for your home or office use.
Bodum BRAZIL French Press Coffee Maker
- Made of borosilicate glass
- Base and handle are made of plastic
- Stainless steel filter system that has three parts
- Patented safety lid
- 34 ounces capacity, can make up to eight cups
- Item Dimension: 4.2 x 5.2 x 9.3 inches
- Item Weight: 1.15 pounds
- BPA-Free – The Bodum French Press Maker is made of safe plastic materials free of toxic chemicals.
- Quality Materials – The carafe is made of borosilicate glass that is heat-resistant.
- No Spill Design – The Bodum French Press has a patented safety lid which prevents accidental spills and splashing while pressing.
- No Stray Grounds – The Bodum Brazil French Press uses a three-part filter system. The plunger and mesh wire filter are made from stainless steel material.
- Easy to Clean and Dishwasher-safe – The Bodum Brazil French Press is easy to clean by hand. Just rinse with soap and hot water, and it’s good to go. It can also be placed inside a dishwashing machine.
- Has Available Replacement Parts – One of the problems with French presses is the scarcity of replacement parts. Once one part is broken, the whole thing is rendered unusable unless a replacement can be found. The Bodum has available beakers, spiral and cross plates, and mesh filters for sale.
- Breakable – Since the Bodum Brazil French Press is made of glass, the user must be very careful while using it or when cleaning.
- Less heat retention – Glass-material French presses can only hold heat for about 20-30 minutes.
LINKYO French Press Coffee Maker
- Food-grade, solid stainless-steel – 304
- Double wall, longer thermal retention
- Double-screen filter
- Huge brewing capacity: 34 ounces
- Item dimension: 7 x 4 x 8.8 inches
- Item weight: 1.8 pounds
- With two years product warranty
- Highly Durable – The Linkyo French Press is constructed using stainless steel which means it is far more durable than its glass counterparts. It won’t rust and will last you years and years of coffee-brewing enjoyment.
- Longer heat retention – The Linkyo French Press has a dual-wall insulation to keep your freshly-brewed coffee hot for hours. This also ensures that the carafe’s outer wall is cool to the touch.
- Easy to Wash and Dishwasher-safe – The stainless steel French press cleans up easily. Safe to run in the dishwasher as well.
- Two Filters – This French press coffee maker comes with two filters on the press which ensures that you get a clean cup of hot brew without stray coffee grounds. The package also comes with another two extra filters.
- Heavy Weight – The Linkyo weighs nearly two times more than the Bodum Brazil French Press.
Frieling USA Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker
- Stainless steel material
- Double-wall 18/10 steel
- Elegant mirror finish
- Two-stage filtration system
- Dishwasher safe
- Capacity: 44 ounces
- Item Dimension: 7 x 4.2 x 10.2 inches
- Item weight: 3.2 pounds
- With five-year warranty against own manufacturing defects
- Huge Brewing Capacity – The Frieling French Press can handle up to 44 ounces of liquid. Perfect for times when you have friends or family over.
- Longer Heat Retention – The Frieling French Press Coffee Maker can provide hot coffee four times longer than its glass counterpart. The double-wall insulation helps to preserve the hot temperature inside the cylinder.
- Two Filter Systems – This French press has a two-filtration system design. One pre-filter is for the coarse coffee beans, and the next is a super-fine mesh to ensure only rich coffee liquid passes through when you pour yourself a cup.
- Durable and Unbreakable – The Frieling French Press is virtually unbreakable. The user can be confident that their French press coffee maker will survive incidents like heavy falls or collisions with hard surface objects.
- Elegant-Looking Design – The Frieling has a stylish look that spells understated elegance.
- Heavy Weight – With a listed weight of 3.2 pounds, the Frieling French Press will be a heavy object to lift even when not filled. Not ideal for travel use.
- Costly – In comparison to the other two French presses, the Frieling is the most expensive item.
Best French Press Brand: Our Conclusion
While all three brands deliver flavorful coffee, they are not equal. We found that while glass French presses are cheaper, stainless steel ones last longer and are virtually unbreakable. In this, the Linkyo and the Frieling have a distinct advantage over the Bodum.
We also checked the filtration system, and again, the Linkyo and Frieling come out on top with their two-filtration system that ensures you get a smooth beverage free of debris. However, the Frieling comes with a hefty price tag compared to the Bodum and the Linkyo. It is also heavier and would be inconvenient to bring around with you when you travel.
For being averagely-priced, durable, and functional, the Linkyo French Press Maker gets our vote. It is a well-made product that will last you years. The double wall is also a big advantage since it can keep your coffee fresher longer.