Bean Envy French Press Coffee, Espresso and Tea Maker: A Review
Barista-made coffee may not be super expensive, but if you buy your coffee every day, this will add up to a lot of cash in the long run. So, making your own coffee at home is a great alternative to get your daily caffeine fix.
Sure, you can use the good old electric coffee maker, but using a French press is more satisfying and it gives a better coffee flavor. If you are not sure how to use a French press here are the steps on how you can make good-flavored coffee on your own.
- You can start making your coffee by warming up your French press with some hot water; this helps in maintaining the temperature of your coffee in the process of brewing. Let it sit in the beaker for a minute or so then discard the water.
- Next is to measure up some coffee grounds. Coarsely ground coffee beans are the best to use in a French press, and ideally, one tablespoon of coffee grounds is needed for one cup of hot water, but of course, you can add more for a stronger flavor. Additionally, you may wet the coffee grounds first with a little bit of hot water and let it sit for a few minutes for a more saturated flavor.
- After wetting the coffee grounds, you can now add the rest of the hot water then stir it well. It is recommended to use a wooden spoon because metal might accidentally break the French press if it is made of glass. Put on the lid afterward with the plunger pushed up and let the coffee grounds brew for about four minutes. Once ready, push the plunger down and pour yourself a cup and enjoy.
Now that you know how to use a French press, check out Bean Envy French Press Coffee, Espresso and Tea Maker and its details below.
- Made of thick heat-resistant borosilicate glass that is 8 millimeters thick
- Lid and frame is made of BPA-free plastic
- All parts of this French press are dishwasher-safe.
- Plunger and commercial-grade filter is made of 18/8 stainless steel
- Comes with an electric milk frother with stand which can also be used to mix cocktails
- Can also be used to brew tea, make espresso, rehydrate dried food, strain vegetables, and rinse quinoa
- eight-cup or 34-ounce capacity
- Features a 16-ounce water marker
- Designed in Oregon and manufactured in China
- The manufacturer provides great customer service.
- They provide a satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty.
- The electric hand mixer is handy with frothing milk or coffee.
- It comes with an extra filter and an instruction manual.
- The French press is easy to clean and dishwasher-safe.
- It has a well-built design.
- It works as advertised.
- The French press is easy to use.
- The lid is not very tight, so the heat comes out.
- It does not keep coffee warm for a long time.
The Bean Envy French Press Coffee, Espresso, and Tea Maker is made of durable borosilicate glass that can withstand extreme heat. It is encased in a BPA-free plastic to protect it from breakage due to accidental bumps.
Made with a stainless steel three-piece filter system, this French press delivers each cup of coffee smooth and free of coffee grounds. Additionally, the filter can be disassembled for easier cleaning. If you are not fond of hand washing, all the parts of this French press are dishwasher-safe.
Moreover, this French press is versatile as it can also be used for other purposes. It comes with an electric milk frother which makes it easy to create cafe-style lattes and has an eight-cup capacity so you can have more cups of coffee for you and the whole family.
The manufacturer of this French press stands by their product so if in case it gets broken or damaged in any way, they will replace the product for free—no questions asked. Besides that, they have very responsive customer service reps that you can contact for any issues on the product.
Similar to the Bean Envy French Press, the Zell French Press also has a 34-ounce capacity, and it comes with a bonus electric milk frother. This product is also made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass with a stainless steel plunger and filter.
It has a super fine filter as well to ensure that you only drink smooth coffee. This French press can also be used to make tea like the Bean Envy, and lastly, they provide good customer service.
Although the manufacturer of the Zell French Press provides a warranty, it is only a 30-day money back guarantee. They also don’t provide a bonus replacement filter, so you would need to purchase a new one from the store if your old filter would need replacing.
The framing of the Zell French Press is stainless steel, while the Bean Envy’s BPA-free plastic. In addition, this French press is not dishwasher-safe, unlike the Bean Envy. The Zell French Press does not come with an instruction manual, and the filter cannot be disassembled.
With all those said, the Bean Envy is the better option because even if the manufacturer of the Zell French press provides customer service, the lifetime warranty of the other French press is a bigger plus. For this reason, you can be sure that they will always stand by their product no matter what.
The Bean Envy French Press is a must try because it creates a cup of coffee that has a more full-bodied flavor and, unlike in an electric coffee maker, you won’t need to buy paper filters for the reason that it already has a stainless steel filter that you can use over and over. The device also only filters coffee grounds and not the oils needed for a great tasting coffee.
If you are into tea, this French press is also a good product because it can also be used to brew tea, whether you want to use tea bags or the loose tea variety. The electric milk frother that comes with it is a huge bonus as well because this tool will allow you to make cafe-style drinks.
Bean Envy’s lifetime warranty and awesome customer service are also great advantages when you choose this product. However, just like most French presses, this product won’t make your coffee warm for a very long time.
In spite of this, this product is still a good buy if you want to brew good tasting coffee in the shortest amount of time.